Decree No. 104/2022/ND-CP was issued by the government on December 21, 2022. Its full title is: "Decree amending and supplementing some articles of decrees related to the submission and presentation of household registration books and temporary residence books when performing administrative procedures and providing public services."
This Decree amends some articles of more than ten different government decrees detailing the implementation of current laws in areas such as employment, health insurance, education, housing, import and export, land, civil status, etc. The Decree's provisions focus on the following contents:
* First, remove regulations requiring the submission and presentation of household registration books and temporary residence books (copies) in individual and citizen records. These documents are replaced by the presentation and submission of copies of citizens' identification cards, resident registration cards, or birth certificates in the records of individuals and citizens when carrying out administrative procedures in these areas.
* Second, the Decree states:
- The competent authorities, officials, civil servants, and individuals assigned to receive, deal with administrative procedures and provide public services shall exploit and utilize information on citizens' residences in the National Database on the provision of administrative procedures and public services.
- Information about citizens' residences at the time of carrying out administrative procedures shall be recorded and kept by officials, civil servants, public employees and individuals responsible for receiving and handling administrative procedures. administrative procedures on the Information System for handling administrative procedures at ministerial and provincial levels.
- The following methods are used to exploit and use information: + look up and exploit personal information through the system of administrative procedures at the ministerial and provincial levels linked to the national population database or through the National Public Service Portal;
- Look up personal information through the citizen’s electronic identity account displayed in the VNeID application;
- Use a reader device that has been connected online to the national population database , including a QR code reader or a chip reader on a chip-based citizen ID card;
- Other methods as prescribed by specialized provisions.
This Decree takes effect from January 1, 2023.
For more information, please see: