On November 1, 2022, the Prime Minister issued Decision No. 1314/QD-TTg approving the Project "Discovering, fostering and promoting young talents in Vietnam from 2022 to 2030" (“Project”) with the following contents:
* The overall target of the Project is to discover, honour, foster and promote young Vietnamese talents to contribute to building high-quality human resources; arouse patriotism, and dedication aspirations of young Vietnamese talents; motivate and inspire the young generation; realize the aspiration to develop a prosperous and happy Vietnam according to the Resolution of the 13th National Congress of the Communist Party of Vietnam.
* Specific targets
- Annual targets:
+ At least 70% of young people are provided with information on undertakings, policies and activities to discover, foster and promote young talents in various fields;
+ 100% of the provinces and cities of the Youth Union monitor and update the local young talent database and connect and effectively promote young talents.
- Targets by 2025:
+ Update and effectively exploit data of 10,000 young Vietnamese talents at home and abroad;
+ Building and operating the Global Young Talent Network of Vietnam and the National Young Talent Digital Park.
- Targets by 2030:
+ At least 60% of young talents after being discovered and honoured will be fostered, participate in knowledge-sharing activities, support the community, and participate in socio-economic development organized by Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union. Ho Chi Minh City, ministries, branches and localities are organized.
+ At least 80% of Youth Union officials at all levels, which 100% of Youth Union officials in charge of young talents are trained to be equipped with the knowledge and professional skills to detect, foster and promote young talents.
+ Update and effectively exploit data of 30,000 young talents on the National Young Talent Database System.
2. Subjects of application of the Scheme
Vietnamese citizens from full 16 to 35 years old (by the year of discovery and honour) at home and abroad won prestigious national and international awards.
3. Tasks and solutions:
To achieve the above objectives, the Project has set several tasks and solutions including:
- Propagating and raising awareness about discovering, fostering and promoting young Vietnamese talents;
- Discovering and honouring young talents;
- Organizing activities to foster and support young talents;
- Strengthening the connection and promotion of young talents;
4. Implementation organization:
The Prime Minister assigned the Central Committee of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union; Ministry of Home Affairs; The financial; Ministries, ministerial-level agencies, agencies attached to the Government; Central Committee of the Vietnam Fatherland Front and socio-political organizations; The People's Committees of the provinces and centrally-run cities shall coordinate in the implementation of this Project.
In particular, the Central Committee of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union plays the leading role in formulating the plan to implement and implement the Scheme with the following tasks and powers:
- Presiding over the development of the project implementation plan in each period and annually;
- To assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with ministries, branches and localities in, organizing the implementation of tasks and solutions of the Scheme;
- Directing and guiding the unions at all levels to develop plans and organize the implementation of the Project's activities in localities and units;
- To organize the assessment and preliminary review of the Scheme by 2025, and to summarize by 2030; summarise and report on the results of the implementation of the Project; supplement and adjust the operation of the Project to ensure that it is suitable with reality and submit it to the Prime Minister for consideration and decision.
Decision No. 1314/QD-TTg takes effect from November 1, 2022.