On November 21, 2022, the General Director of Vietnam Social Insurance issued together with Decision No. 3511/QD-BHXH The process of registering for voluntary social insurance on the Public Service Portal for (i) Participants belonging to poor or near-poor households; and, (ii) Participants are other subjects, with basic steps including
Step 1: Participants fully and accurately declare information fields according to Form 02-TK on the Public Service Portal and are responsible for the declared content.
Step 2: The software system automatically checks and compares the information to determine the exact amount of money participants have to pay.
- For participants from poor or near-poor households:
+ The software system automatically checks and compares participant information to determine the place of residence (province and district level) with the national population database, identifies the beneficiaries of state support with the payment rate with data of poor and near-poor households monitored by the Social Insurance agency and determine the exact amount to be paid for participants to pay online.
+ In case a participant's address for their primary residence is entered incorrectly into the National Database or if their information does not match the list of people eligible for state assistance, the software system notifies them and directs them to contact the Public Security agency or the organisation that approves the list of poor and near-poor households for assistance and rectification. Then, individuals can either repeat Step 1 or sign up for voluntary social insurance at service organisations that collect Social Insurance, Health Insurance or at the Social Insurance agency.
- For other participants:
+ The software system automatically checks and compares declaration participants' information to identify permanent residence (provincial, district level) with the National Population Database and accurately determines the amount to be paid for online payment by participants.
+ If the participant's address for their place of permanent residence is inaccurate, the software system notifies them and directs them to contact the Public Security department for assistance and correction. Afterwards, participants repeat Step 1 or can register for voluntary social insurance at service organisations that collect Social Insurance, Health Insurance or at the Social Insurance agency.
Step 3: Participants make an online payment on the Public Service Portal, receive a receipt of the electronic money collection, and receive a notification of the deadline for paying the Social Insurance book as prescribed as soon as the transaction is successful.
Step 4: After receiving the participant's amount, the software system automatically:
- Records the amount in the separate management unit code according to each participant's Social Security number on the Centralized Accounting software and creates a voluntary social insurance subscription profile on the Software that receives and manages the records to the individual management unit code at the provincial/district social security agency where the participants reside.
- Update the profile, determine the time of participation, record the process of paying Social Insurance for the participant and sum up the amount to be paid by the participant, and determine the amount of remuneration for the social & health insurance collection service organisation.
- Immediate allocation of the collected money from the participants, determined by the amount of remission granted to the service organization collecting social insurance and health insurance according to regulations.
- Create data on the Social Insurance book cover sheet for first-time participants according to regulations.
Step 5: After the software system performs Step 4, the card collector checks the records and data, and submits them to the Director of Social Insurance of the province/district to sign the cover sheet of the Social Insurance book electronically or print the paper cover of the Social Insurance book according to regulations, send it to the receiving officer and return the results.
Step 6: The officer receives and returns the results of receiving data or the paper cover of the Social Insurance book, issues and returns the results to the participants; ends the settlement process on the application receiving and management software.
Step 7: Participants receive the cover sheet of the social insurance book electronically or the paper version of the social insurance book according to the registered method.
Note: In case the voluntary social insurance participants belong to poor or near-poor households in the locality, there is no data in the Vietnam Social Insurance Database and the cases are not subject to the application in this Circular. In this process, registration for voluntary social insurance is carried out at service organisations collecting Social Insurance, Health Insurance or at the Social Insurance Agency.
Decision 3511/QD-BHXH takes effect from January 1, 2023.
Please follow the details at the link: